Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Special

Tonight was Thanksgiving. We had a lot of things. Our main course was turkey, capon, stuffing, brussel sprouts with bacon, yams, roasted potatoes, homemade bread. The turkey was a little dry, but the capon was very well cooked. The stuffing was nice, and the brussel sprouts with bacon were my favorite. I hate yams, and the only reason they were on my plate was that I could take a video with everything we had, (I forgot cranberry sauce). The roasted potatoes were okay, but they were a little bit dry like the turkey.
For dessert we had cranberry cake, persimmon pudding, and pumpkin pie. It was all very good, but I did no enjoy it that much because I was so full. Also, my grandma over whipped the whipped cream, and I did not like that.
Overall, the meal got a 9.5/10 rating, a record high.
We had a lot of leftovers, and you may wonder what we do with them. Well, the Saturday after thanksgiving for as long as I have been around (14 years) and beyond that, our family has had something called a leftover party where all of our friends come over and bring their leftovers. It end up turning to a bunch of kids playing dodge ball or hid and go seek in the dark until one of them gets hurt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the chefs on the record high score! Thanks again for having us over.
--Dean, Fion and Mari

Anonymous said...

i detect the inspiration of a woody allen film in the direction of this thanksgiving special.....